To support the unit “Where We Are in Place and Time”, students are going to explore the related concept of “power”. Students will learn about fielding games (Baseball/softball) and they are going to learn proper throwing skills, catching and hitting.
Transdisciplinary Theme : Sharing the Planet
An inquiry into rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other people and with other living things; communities and the relationships within and between them; access to equal opportunities; peace and conflict.
Central idea: Equal access to the Earth’s finite resources provides challenges for the global community.
Concepts: Form, Connection, Responsibility
Related concepts: water, finite resources, distribution, access
Lines of Inquiry:
- Natural resources
- The distribution of natural resources
- Equitable access to natural resources
- Resolving conflict over resources
What (knowledge): To know kinds of finite natural resources
Why(conceptual understanding): in order to understand importance of finite resources and their equal distribution to global community
How (situation): You are a minister of natural resources. You are going to promote ways to minimize challenges in getting equal access to the finite natural resources.
Choose 1 type of finite natural resource
Analyse the challenges related to the chosen natural resource
Propose strategies to avoid/resolve 1 challenge
- The media chosen are supportive and easy understand
- Oral presentation is easy to follow and understand (Communication skills)
Assessment Tools: Rubric
Assessment Strategy: Open-ended tasks
To support the concepts of Connection and Form, the students are going to learn the following things:
- Compare and order proper fractions within one whole
- Add/subtract like fractions and related fractions within one whole
- Add/subtract proper fractions within one whole (up to 2 different denominators)
- Model improper fractions
- Express an improper fraction as mixed number, and vise versa
- Expressing an improper fraction or mixed number in its simplest form
- Addition and subtraction mixed number (contains like fractions or related fractions)
- Addition and subtraction mixed number (contains proper fractions)
- Find the fraction of a set (the answer is a whole number) by using models
- Find the fraction of a set for measurements (e.g. 10 minutes as a fraction of one hour)
- Solve problems involving fractions
Note: denominator is not exceed 12
- Decimal notation and place value (tenths, hundredths, thousandths)
- Identify the values of the digits in a decimal
- Use number line to display decimals
- Compare and ordering decimal numbers
- Convert a decimal to a fraction
- Convert a fraction whose denominator is a factor of 10 or 100 to decimal
- Round off decimals to the nearest: a) whole number, b) 1 decimal place, c) 2 decimal places
- Add or subtract decimal numbers (up to 2 decimal places)
- Perform multiplication of decimals by 1-digit whole number (check reasonableness of answers)
- Perform division of a whole number by a whole number with answer in decimal form
- Perform division of decimals by 1-digit whole number (check reasonableness of answers)
- Solving word problems involving decimals in real life situations
- Round off
Probability (Numerical Notation)
- Doing simple experiment (ex. with coin or dice) and find out the outcomes
- Listing all possibility outcomes from the experiment by using tree diagram, table or systematically ordered pair
- Express the probability of an event using simple fractions
- Compare the probability of two or more events using least likely, less likely, more likely, and most likely.
Untuk mendukung konsep BENTUK, para siswa akan belajar hal-hal di bawah ini :
- Berdialog dengan memperhatikan struktur bahasa yang tepat.
- Menanggapi suatu persoalan atau peristiwa dan memberikan saran pemecahannya.
- Membaca pantun dengan intonasi dan gerak tubuh yang tepat.
To support the concept of FORM, the students are going to learn the distribution of natural resources in Indonesia using Thinglink application.
In UOI 6 Sharing the planet April 27 to June 25 English will be supporting the unit through the writing form of Report writing. Students will learn about steps to writing a report, practice topic researching and publishing. Students will write independently to build confidence and develop a personal writing voice. Also students will work on increasing their accuracy in spelling high frequency words and familiar words.
With reading students will continue developing skills to cooperatively work with others to research, read, evaluate and interpret sources materials. As well, students will such as books, dictionaries, internet sites and applications with increasing independence and responsibility. In addition, reading strategies such as making connections will continue to be a focus in English.While with listening and speaking students will work on using specific vocabulary in various situations so to develop more understanding about how language effects purpose, context and audience. In addition, students will continue developing oral language skills involving accuracy and with increased confidence. Concerning grammar, students will focus on comparisons (more and most), relative clauses, and writing a passage of 75-100 words, and continue writing paragraphs of different lengths.
In this unit, the students will learn national songs and musical songs such as Edelweiss, Ibu Kita Kartini, and Wajib Belajar. The songs will be accompanied by pianika and the students will move while singing. It will support the concept of connection.