Sharing The Planet
An inquiry into rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other people and with other living things; communities and relationships within and between them; access to opportunities; peace and conflict resolution.
Central idea :
Equal access to earth finite resources provides challenges for the global community.
Lines of Inquiry :
- Natural resources
- Resolving conflict over resources
- The distribution of natural resources
- Equitable access to natural resources
Key Concepts : Form, Connection, Responsibility
Related Concepts : equity, finite resources, distribution, access
Summative Assessment :
What (knowledge): To know kinds of finite natural resources
Why: in order to understand importance of finite resources and their equal distribution to global community
How: You are an expert staff in the ministry of natural resources. You are going to promote ways to minimize challenges in getting equal access to the finite natural resources.
- Choose 1 type of finite natural resource
- Analyse the challenges related to the equal distribution chosen natural resource
- Propose strategies to avoid/resolve 1 challenge