To support concept form and connection, grade 4 students will learn about numbers and data handling.
- Decimals (Form, Connection)
- Writing a number between two consecutive whole numbers using decimal notation.
- Identify the place values and number values of the digits in a decimal number
- Convert decimal number to fraction or mixed number
- Convert a fraction whose denominator is a factor of 10 or 100 to decimal
- Use number line to display decimal numbers
- Compare and ordering decimal numbers
- Add or subtract decimal numbers
- Perform multiplication of decimal numbers by 1-digit whole number (check reasonableness of answers)
- Perform division of a whole number by a whole number with answer in mixed fraction and decimal form
- Solving problems involving decimals
Data Handling (Form):
- Doing simple experiment (ex. with coin or dice) and write the possible outcomes
- Express the probability of an event using simple fractions
- Compare the probability of two or more events