In this unit, grade 4 students will learn:
- Angles and Lines (Angles as a measure for rotation)
- Identifying angles in 2D shapes
- Name an angle in a point, for example by using notation such as ∠ABC.
- Estimate and measure angles in degrees using protractor.
- Identifying right angles, angles greater or less than 90°.
- Drawing an angle given using a protractor.
- Identifying perpendicular or parallel lines.
- Drawing a line passing a point that perpendicular or parrallel to a given line.
- Solve problem involving angles and lines.
- Shape and Space
Reflective and rotational symmetry
- Describing the properties of reflective symmetry.
- Transform objects by reflect it to a line. (vertical, horizontal, diagonal)
- Identify the image of an object after reflection to a line.
- Identify clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
- Transform the position of objects by rotate it to quarter turn, half-turn, three quarter-turn, and whole turn from a reference point (the center)
- Associating quarter turn, half-turn, three-quarter turn, and whole turn with 90°, 180°, 270°, and 360° respectively.
- Identify the image of objects after rotation.