Unit 3 – How We Express Ourselves.
To support concept “Form”, grade 4 students will learn about Measurement and Shape and Space.
- Perimeter and area of 2D figures(Form)
- Find the area, perimeter and unknown sides of squares and rectangles
- Find the area and perimeter of composite figures made from squares and rectangles
- Volume of cube and cuboids
- Determine the volume of cubes and cuboids by counting cubic units that fill the shapes
- Measure the volume of cubes and cuboids in cm3 and m3
- *Derive a formula to find the volume of cubes and cuboids and use it to solve problems
- Find the surface area of a cube or a cuboids
- Solve problems related to cubes and cuboids.
Shape and Space:(Function)
- Regular Polygons
- Name and identify regular polygon (equilateral triangle, square, pentagon, hexagon, and octagon)
- Describe some properties of regular polygon